Merry Christmas and a special I Love Lucy episode

Wishing each and every one of you a Merry Christmas! When you are celebrating today, remember the reason for this day.

In the spirit of Christmas I will have last weeks troll comments up tomorrow. However I am posting up an old I Love Lucy Christmas epsiode.

Even though I was born in the 70's long after I Love Lucy went off the air, I had watched it in reruns and syndication and really enjoyed it.

The first time I watched this episode was in December 1989. Lucille Ball had died earlier in the year and the local TV station (not sure which affiliate, probably CBS since they aired the original episodes) aired this Christmas episode in memory of her.

The night it was aired I was out of the house so I had my mom tape it for me (she programmed the VCR, this was back in 1989, pre TIVO)

The next night after I got home from school settled in the TV room I watched the show. Had my usual laughs until right at the very end, when Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel wished the audience a Merry Christmas. At that moment it hit me that with the passing of Lucille Ball, the entire adult cast was gone. Desi Arnaz had died three years earlier, while William Frawley and Vivian Vance had gone to their reward many years earlier. Right there I began to cry. Luckily I was the only one home so no one saw me cry. This was the only time an I Love Lucy episode brought me to tears.

So here is the colorized version of I Love Lucy. I hope you enjoy it. I no longer cry though when I see this episode as my grief has passed. Merry Christmas and God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...