Wendy Davis a new liberal hero and kicks Bristol's ass





Texas gubernatorial hopeful Wendy Davis brushed off criticism about her life story from Bristol Palin, saying that nothing Palin accused her of was true.
Davis was responding to a blog post from the daughter of former Gov. Sarah Palin, who wrote last week amid questions about the timeline of Davis’s personal biography, slamming her for allegedly leaving her kids behind with her ex-husband after finishing law school.


“Gosh, children are sooo inconvenient, huh? I’m glad my mother didn’t put motherhood on the shelf when she was elected to City Council, then became our mayor, then governor,” Palin wrote, addressing her comments to liberals. “I know you would rather think about Wendy Davis, so let’s get back to her. She’s more your type of woman. She left her kid, husband, made it into a false ‘made-for-tv-movie-type tale’ and then demanded that Texans have the right to kill babies. That’s the woman you libs can really get behind!”

Davis was asked about the comments in a Monday interview with Fusion’s Jorge Ramos, where she dismissed the criticism.


“I think there obviously is a threat that people across Texas are connecting with me and connecting with the reality of my life story,” Davis said, when asked why the attack was so personal.


She continued: “With all due respect to Ms. Palin, of course, nothing that was said in that tweet is true. I’m very proud of the mother I have been to my daughters. I have always been and will always be the most important female in their lives. They are the most important thing to me and I’m very proud I’ve been able to be a role model, a friend, a mother to these two beautiful girls I’ve raised.”
The attacks from Palin have been part of a series of attacks from conservatives against the Democratic state senator in recent weeks over her life story. A report in the Dallas Morning News questioned some of the facts in the story she often touts on the campaign trail, but the Davis camp has said she will continue to tell her story.


I'm still waiting for Bristol and Sarah's defense of Wendy.  Oh never mind.  At least Wendy doesn't call her children retarded.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...