Since when has Sarah Palin been an expert on parenting?

Taken Nov 2009 during Sarah's book tour.  Poor Trig out in the cold with no pants.
Last week Sarah Palin called into Sean Hannity's show to discuss, of all things, parenting!

HANNITY: And joining us now on the phone to give us a little parenting 101, former Alaska governor, FOX News contributor Sarah Palin.
Governor, how are you?

PALIN (via telephone): I'm doing great. That's funny you say that that was one of the best lines of the GOP convention back in '08. That's when the teleprompter broke and I had to start ad libbing right then! So I ad libbed that line about hockey.

HANNITY: I got to -- if you ad libbed that line, I have even more respect for you. You know, it's funny, we often talk about politics, but when I had the chance to be around you and your kids and Todd, we talk a lot about sports, and you and Todd in particular -- you guys have a lot of perspective on it.
When you saw that TV football tyke show, what did you think of that?

PALIN: Well, I agree that too many American kids are pampered. They're coddled, and they need discipline. And the way to motivate kids, though, is not necessarily through fear, not at that age especially. You know, I think it was Lou Holtz who had said it best years ago about self- discipline leading to success and self-motivation. So these coaches, if they want to get their kids to understand that self-motivation that is so needed, at that age, it doesn't necessarily need to be through intimidation and fear. These coaches seem to be wanting to not look bad, and I can guarantee a coach can be defeated if that's his goal is to just not look bad.

HANNITY: You know -- and I know -- I think you sent over pictures of your son when he played hockey and you were that hockey mom -- with lipstick. But -- and my kids play sports. I think there's a fine line, though, because you -- I do believe, in many ways, we kind of spoil our kids. I think that there's nothing wrong with pushing them and letting them see that they have more talent and ability than maybe they think they have and that if they want to achieve a goal, they got to work hard for that goal. And learning that at a young age is a good lesson. So it's -- it's a razor's edge, isn't it?

PALIN: I guess it's a razor's edge, but you know, my perspective is I want tough coaches. I want coaches who will instill in that student athlete the desire to win because competition makes everyone better and the goal should be victory. And you know, I've taken heat because I said really good things about former Indiana coach Bobby Knight.

HANNITY: Yes.

PALIN: I really liked the guy. And I really liked his...

HANNITY: I like Knight, too. You and me both.

PALIN: Yes, his tenacity, his determination. And you're right, there is that razor's edge. And the good guys, the good coaches know when it cannot be crossed, and they know kind of the demographic that they're working with in terms of the age group, and they should be discerning enough to know what will motivate the kids.

So I totally agree with you, you know, too many kids are spoiled and coddled by us, by society in general. And sports, I think, are absolutely instrumental in teaching a child what it's going to take to succeed in this world. Sports are imperative.

HANNITY: Yes.

PALIN: And it is all about competition, so I want to see more and more kids involved, and I want to see the parents, I want to see the coaches in there. But we have to make sure, yes, that that line isn't crossed. And I've never seen this reality show that you're talking about. I don't know if it's going to promote that line to be crossed. I certainly hope not because there's a lot of good, positive stories out there about successful coaches and selfless giving parents and organizations that are helping kids.

HANNITY: Governor, listen, I enjoy the time we have to talk about sports. Any picks for this weekend, by the way?

PALIN: Oh, I love Seattle. They're closest to Alaska.

HANNITY: I got Seattle and I got the Broncos. Although never, that Tom Brady is sneaky, you can't ever bet against him. Thanks, governor, good to talk to you.

PALIN: Thank you so much, go west coast

Sarah Palin being an expert on parenting is like Chris Christie being an expert on physical fitness.  Let's look at Sarah's track (pun intended) record:

Track-vandalized school buses, oxy problem, knocked up girlfriend, then divorced her.

Bristol-lost virginity at 15 or 16, got knocked up, dropped out of school, keeps son away from his father.  Does not discipline Tripp.

Willow-bought drugs in Wal-Mart parking lot, at least one pregnancy scare, called classmate a f***** on Facebook.  Laughed when her nephew did the same thing.

Piper-bodychecked a reporter on Sarah's bus tour aka vacation.  Now living with her grandparents.  Also used as a human shield.

Trig-poor thing totally neglected.  Was used as a prop and now that he is outgrown his usefulness Sarah ignores him.

I find it totally ironic that Sarah says kids are coddled because when she was in school she wanted out of band practice so Chuck Sr. told her to fake an injury to her finger.  Yeah Chuck and Sally are real winners.

I also wonder why Sarah called into Sean's show instead of appearing.  Was she too stoned or recovering from a Botox treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...