Vacation pictures and video

As promised I'm posting pictures and videos from my vacation. Enjoy!

Riding on the 1880 Train

Badlands National Park

Buffalo in Custer State Park

Bighorn Sheep in Custer State Park


Prairie Dog

Antelope

Mountain Goat

Turkey

Deer

Legion Lake

Burro

Stockade Lake

Horsethief Lake near Mt Rushmore.  I stayed here the last three nights of my vacation.  I stayed in Custer State Park four nights and Badlands one.

Crazy Horse.  It doesn't look like they made much progress since I was last there two years ago.


Mt. Rushmore.  I have a post scheduled next week regarding it.

Rockerville, an old mining town between Hill City and Rapid City

On top of Rankin Ridge in Wind Cave National Park

On top of Hearney Peak the highest point in South Dakota.  If you ever make it the Black Hills, I highly recommend you make this hike up there.

Bikers near Rushmore.  The Sturgis rally started on August 6th and many bikers show up days before then.  I got out in time.

Also if you are a wine aficionado, check out Prairie Berry Winery in Hill City.  I have stopped there the last three times I was in the Black Hills and took part in the wine tasting.  This trip I bought a bottle of Blue Suede Shoes which is 90% grape and 10% blueberry.  The Goldigger and Apricot are good too.

Blue Bell Dining Room in Custer State Park was the best meal I had.  I had a Buffalo Ribeye with fried potatoes, pork beans and cornbread.  Expensive but worth it.  Pizza Works in Custer is the best place to get Pizza.

Back in the 1990's I worked at Sylvan Lake Resort in CSP during the summer months I was off from college.  It was the best time of my life.  I made many friends there that I still stay in contact with today.  That is one of the reasons the Black Hills is so near and dear to me.  The beauty of the Black Hills is another.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...