President Obama now supports gay marriage

To be honest I'm ambivalent about gay marriage.  As a straight female it does effect me at all.  I do see both sides of the debate.  As a Christian I'm not on board with homosexuality.  What I mean by that is I could not be a lesbian even if I wanted to.   I just can't see a woman having sex with another woman and a guy having sex with another guy.  I guess being straight it does not appeal to me.  What does not appeal to me may appeal to another person however.

But I also feel it is against Jesus's teachings to discriminate against anyone.  I totally support the Matthew Shepard Act and repealing DADT.   Homophobia is a sin as well.

The argument anti-gay marriage folks have is that gays are the threat to traditional marriage.  I always thought adultery and divorce were.  Hmmm.

I have worked with gays and lesbians in the workplace, never been a problem.   The lesbians have never hit on me and the gay men never made a pass at other men.

In November Minnesota will be voting on a gay marriage amendment.  I have not decided how I'm going to vote on that yet.  I know a lot of people, including a gay hospital chaplain who are in favor of it.  And I know a lot of people who are against it.

Your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...