Let's talk about gun control

I apologize for being tardy on this.  I was traveling on Friday the day the shooting occured and did not get home until late Sunday evening.  Then Monday and Tuesday I had errands and other things to take care of.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and anyone affected by it.  When I heard the news on the radio I was so upset I had to pull over for a few minutes and collect my thoughts.

This shit needs to stop.  Now.

For the record I am not against owning a gun.  I grew up in a house where there were guns.  They were only used for hunting, target shooting, and shooting vermin that were a pain in the ass.  My dad taught me that guns are not toys, but weapons which could injure or kill.

In addition to background checks a gun owner applicant should also supply three references who can vouch for their character and sanity.  If Adam Lanza who was a loner and had no friends had to do this no way would he be able to buy a gun.

Yes certain guns should be banned.  You do not need an assault rifle to hunt Bambi.  Also magazines should be banned too.  In fact there should be a limit on how many guns you can own.  All you really need is a handgun to defend yourself and a shotgun for hunting.  That's it.  Assault rifes belong in a war, not a school.

The other part of the problem is our attitude towards mental illness.  It's disgraceful the way we take care of the mentally ill.  Adam probably had no access to getting care.  If mental health treatment is not in the AHCA, then it needs to be added.

Since the shooting people like Ted Nugent, John McCain who has recieved more money from the NRA than any other Senator have chosen to remain silent and refused to go on the Sunday morning talk shows.

And then there are stupid people like Sarah Palin who can't keep her mouth shut.  Sarah you are part of the problem.  You glorify guns and blood.  And your actions caused the death of seven people in Tucson early last year.  Fuck you!

President Obama had to be the comforter in chief again.  More times than he probably cares to.  But he did a good job as always.

If a teacher can rush a shooter with an assault rifle, then a cowardly pussy like John McCain should say FUCK YOU to the NRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...