Reason #60 not to vote for Sarah Palin for anything

She lied about Track's military service.

MyBloggityblog.com


Update* Thanks to a dilligent reader we now can confirm that Sarah Palin didn’t raise a combat vet. According to Track Palin’s own DD214 he never received a Combat Infantrymans Badge or any badge earned for service in combat. So she effectivly raised a Guardsman who sat in the rear with his gear *End Update*

Sarah Palin yet again ceases to surprise me when it comes to riding on the success of others. This time while at Glen Beck’s “Restoring the Honor” gathering in Washington D.C. she decided to use her son’s bravery to cover over her lack of political experience. Sarah Palin the woman who has never hunted but lied about it, quit her job as Governor, engages in media brawls with Levi Johnston and can’t name political policies has raised a combat vet. Yes ladies and gentleman that is her only accomplishment in life.

While at the rally Palin said “say whatcha want about me but I raised a combat vet and you can’t take that away from me”. She also said “I am not here to speak as a politician but as a mother of a soldier” although I don’t know how she could speak as a politician because she quit that long ago. Her son Track Palin is a member of the Alaska National Guard and deployed with the 25th Infantry Division 1st Stryker Brigade to Iraq in 2008.

What irritates me is that Sarah is acting like she accomplished something monumental by raising a child who decided to join the Guard. Saying “I raised a combat vet” is like saying “I raised a cancer survivor” it has nothing to do with you however you try to take credit for it. I’m not sure how her saying that gets her any standing with the “tea party” who is filled with old conservative soldiers who actually fought for this country. I didn’t think I could be more disgusted with her but yet again I was wrong; who is she to try and gain an edge by riding off her son’s coattails. Is she really that desperate?

So Sarah Palin raised a weekend warrior who deployed to Iraq, a daughter who has unprotected sex and I won’t even touch on the exploitation of her mentally handicapped child. She, in my opinion, abuses the status of being a mother to try and further advance her lackluster political career and it is disgusting to watch. I successfully raised a house cat and taught it to poop in a box but you don’t see me bragging about it. It does go to show you that the Tea Party is full of people who can’t think for themselves and follow the words of the even more ignorant like sheep. This convention that Beck put on was supposedly to “restore Americas honor” but the only way that is possible is if the Tea Party falls on its sword.

You know I really feel sorry for Track,  his mother lying about his military service.  That is not supporting the troops.  No wonder Track stays out of the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...