I can't really support Hillary Clinton in 2016



I like Hillary Clinton

I really do.

I supported her early on in the 2008 presidential campaign, but had to support Barack Obama after I felt she was getting too nasty and seemed more concerned about winning than actually being president. 

She has done an excellent job as Senator representing New York, and a bang up job as Secretary of State.  She is articulate, intelligent, and well educated.  In the past four years she has matured way beyond her years.

So why am I choosing not to support her?

It's very painful to not support her, but I am concerned about her age, her health, and the GOP Slander Machine.

If she were to become president in 2017, she will be 69 years old, same age as Ronald Reagan when he was sworn in.  In fact he turned 70 two weeks later.  After 70 your brain begins to slow down and ages more rapidly then in your 20-30's.  I fear Alzheimers, which I belived Reagan had.  Even Michael Reagan admitted as much.

Two-her health.  She had that concussion and blood clot last winter which scares the bejesus out of me too.  Being POTUS is the most stressful job on the planet.  I'm amazed FDR lived as long as he had, serving twelve years and he had polio to boot.  His son Elliott thought if they had the same advances in medical care in the 70's-80's back in the 40's FDR should have lived to at least 74 instead of 63.  Even though medical science has come even farther along in this century it's no guarantee.

Three-the GOP machine will have a field day with her.  I'm sure she could handle it, but they are going to be worse with her than they are with President Obama.  Cuz she is a woman and wife of Bill who they could never run out of town.

If she were to get the nomination, I would definitely vote for her, just not in the primaries.  As for 2016 I like long shots MD Governor Martin O'Malley and former MT Governor Brian Schweitzer.  I would like to see another Democratic governor ala Bill Clinton in the White House.  Former MI governor Jennifer Granholm would be great, but is ineligble.

Vice President-one of the men above or NY Senator Kristen Gillebrand, FL Rep Debbie Wasserman Schultz, MN Senator Amy Klobuchar.  Any one of these ladies I would be comfortable with as POTUS too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...