Got away for the day and took a road trip

I had my scheduled day off from work yesterday so I decided to treat myself and take a little trip up the North Shore of Minnesota which is Lake Superior. Dealing with the stresses of my job and stupid co-workers, worrying over the Minnesota state shutdown and the debt ceiling (Thanks GOP, dealing with the extreme heat we have had I felt I was due for some road tripping.

I drove through Duluth, stopped at Culvers in Two Harbors for lunch and motored on up to Gooseberry Falls State Park for a little hiking.


Lower Falls at Gooseberry State Park



Upper Falls

On the way back I stopped along the shore and did some rafting here along Lake Superior:




All in all a good day. And I have to go into work later today. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...